Baptists began ministering in this area as early as 1875 with the organization of the Rehobeth Baptist Church. In 1893, the church moved its meetings into School House No. 1 and in 1903 began holding services in a newly constructed union church building. In 1906, the church moved into its own building and little is known about organized Baptist work in Flippin until April, 1945 when the First Baptist Church was organized. With a burden for the residents of Flippin, Catherine Johnson Hurst went door-to-door visiting people with an invitation to come to a new Sunday School. On the first Sunday there were 68 present!
The members of the newly formed church completed work on its first sanctuary in October of 1946. Among those who worked on the building were Owen Burris, R.V. Carroll, W.W. Treadway, Ollie Mahan, Ervin Wood, Willie Reed, Albert Reed and many others. Its first pastor was W.B. O'Neal who served until September 1946.
Over the years the Lord continued to bless the work of the church in Flippin. Continued growth provided the impetus for the building of a new sanctuary in 1965.
In 1986, the church built an education building which provided much needed space for the Bible teaching ministries.
In recent years a shared vision has resulted in continual growth. In February 2001, the church relocated a quarter mile east in to a new larger facility.
A Family Life Center was built in 2014 and had it's dedication in January 2015.
The church has grown from 27 charter members in 1945 to it's current membersip of over 500 resident members.